Find cheap flights to Egypt
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 5% drop in price.|
|July||Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$1138||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Egypt
- Looking for cheap airfare to Egypt? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Egypt for the following prices or less: From San Francisco $800, from New York $964, from Los Angeles $987
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Egypt is February.
- Sharm El-Sheikh Airport (SSH) is the gateway to the Sinai Peninsula where the popular resort town that bears its name is located and if you are interested in uncovering the charms of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aqaba, there is no better starting point for a flight from the US to Egypt.
- Choose Cairo International Airport (CAI) for your flight from the US to Egypt to gain entry to the capital city in the north. This will also grant you access to the Suez Canal to the east and the pyramids of the Giza plateau to the west as well as being a springboard to the interior regions of the country west of the River Nile.
- The northern coast of Egypt where it abuts the Mediterranean Sea from Sidi Barrani near the Libyan border past Port Said to Al Arish near the border with Israel is covered by Borg El Arab International Airport (ALY), otherwise known as Alexandria Airport. This airport is the main hub for the area, including the Qattara Depression to the west of the city.
- Hurghada International Airport (HRG), or Hurghada Airport, is centrally positioned along the east coast of Egypt on the banks of the Red Sea. From here, you can trek across the Eastern Desert towards the Nile River where it passes through the cities of El Minya, Mallawi and Asyut, and cross it into the central region of the White Desert.
- The oasis at El Kharga is a major rest point between the Nile River to its left and the bulk of the Western Desert to its right. Normally it takes over 7h to drive from Hurghada to the oasis, but this has been made easier by flying directly into El Kharga Airport (UVL).
FAQs - booking Egypt flights
How long is the flight to Egypt?
What is the cheapest flight to Egypt?
Which airlines fly to Egypt?
What are the most popular destinations in Egypt?
Can I get an electronic visa for Egypt?
Which airport is closest to the city of Luxor?
How can I visit Lake Nasser?
How easy is it to obtain Egyptian pounds at the airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Egypt
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Egypt Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Egypt
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.