|Standard station wagon||$30/day|
|Open air all terrain||$34/day|
Cons: car was not cleaned, dents all over,car was the smallest car i've every been in.Had to take it because the original car air conditioning wasn't working properly and that was thr only type of car left
Pros: Car was clean...car was fine. Pick-up was fine. It was the return that was poor due to high volume of early returns due to Covid19. Thrifty charged me a "penalty" of $87 because I returned the car earlier than contract end date in order that we could leave Florida and get back to Minneapolis home due to Covid19 outbreak.
Cons: Thrifty should have waived any "early return penalty" due to the Covid19 issue. Because of the numerous early returns by hundreds of other customers, we were instructed to leave the rental car on the entry road to the rental car return garage and walk the two+ blocks to the terminal. I have written Thrifty about this issue, but have not heard from them. I, and my nationwide business associates, will avoid Thrifty on future rentals.
Pros: Quick, easy pickup and drop off
Pros: Pick-up and drop-off very easy.
Pros: We were charged for gas even though we filled it up at the gas station 1/2 mile from the drop-off.
Cons: Don’t charge for things they shouldn’t.
Cons: The wait for pick up was extremely long -we were sick waiting at least 45 minutes in line alone. They didn't have the vehicle I pre-paid weeks in advance for? They upgraded us to a less fuel efficient vehicle. We had to pay more in taxes (I was under the impression our taxes had already been paid when I pre-paid? Was told these were additional taxes...)Then sent us to the kiosk outdide only to be told they didn't have the vehicle on site and we'd need to wait to have it brought over. What was the point of us paying more for in-terminal? Then when we returned the vehicle they charged us $100 for a gallon of gas. They said we returned the vehicle with a gallon missing. We filled up less than 9 miles from the airport. When I called to ask what happened I was told I needed to email a copy of our receipt from filling the vehicle. So I did. They reimbursed me about $41 for a "billing error".... aka I still paid $59 for a half gallon of gas in a vehicle I didn't want to begin with. Also found out thrifty, dollar and Hertz are run by the same con artists through the whole process. Will not be using any of them in the future! So disappointed.
Pros: Staff was very helpful.
Cons: Directions to entrance when dropping off
Cons: Perfect in every way
Cons: Price was much higher than promised in the deal I originally signed up for. this does not sit well with me.
Pros: Checkin staff very friendly and helpful! Drop off fairly quick and easy. Price was too high for a 4 day rental.
Pros: Clean and well maintained
Cons: It took about 20 minutes for them to bring the car up to me at pickup
Other suppliers in Fort Myers scored
- 9.1/10 Alamo car rentals in Fort Myers
- 8.2/10 Avis car rentals in Fort Myers
- 7.8/10 Budget car rentals in Fort Myers
- 8.2/10 Dollar car rentals in Fort Myers
- 8.7/10 Enterprise car rentals in Fort Myers
- 7.5/10 Hertz car rentals in Fort Myers
- 9.2/10 National car rentals in Fort Myers
- 5.8/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in Fort Myers
- 6.6/10 Fox car rentals in Fort Myers
- 7.0/10 Payless car rentals in Fort Myers
- 8.2/10 Sixt car rentals in Fort Myers
Where can I find Thrifty car rentals in Fort Myers?
Top tips for renting a car from Thrifty in Fort Myers
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Thrifty in Fort Myers for $29 or less
- Book your rental car from Fort Myers in Thrifty at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Economy rental cars from Thrifty in Fort Myers are around 34% cheaper than other car types, on average