Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Truckee
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|March||Cheapest month to stay with an average 43% drop in price.|
|December||Most expensive month to stay with an average 126% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$205||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$346||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Truckee hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Truckee hotel
- Avid skiers could think about staying at the 3-star Northstar California Resort which, in winter, is geared towards visitors who wish to ski. This hotel sells ski passes and rents out ski equipment as well as provides a place for ski-gear storage and is just 1.24 miles away from a number of ski slopes. In the summer, this resort is a great place to stay if you wish to hike in the surrounding mountains.
- If you would like to stay near Downtown Truckee, then you might like to try out the Redlight Historic Bunk Hotel and Speakeasy. This 3-star hotel is within easy walking distance (437 yards) of Historic Downtown Truckee and the Truckee California Visitor Center where the staff will help you out with things to do in the region. This hotel is also within walking distance of several restaurants and the Old Jail Museum – a 19th-century jailhouse.
- For those visitors who want to stay near the water, choose a hotel near Donner Lake. You could consider staying at the Donner Lake Village, which is a 2-star hotel that has its own private marina, beach and boat slips, which can be used in summer in addition to the numerous hiking trails. In winter, this hotel is a central place to stay if your aim is to ski different resorts.
- Golfers will be happy to know that there are public golf courses in Truckee open during the summer. You could stay at the 3-star Truckee Donner Lodge which is only a 5 minutes’ drive from the Coyote Moon Golf Course – a beautiful 18-hole golf course nestled in the forest and mountains. The hotel is an 8-minute drive from the Tahoe Donner Golf Course, one of the highest courses in the region.
- As Truckee is something of a cultural and artistic hub in the region, it might be an idea to explore some of the art galleries in town. Staying in the 3-star Best Western PLUS Truckee-Tahoe Hotel will place you within a 4-minute drive of galleries such as Riverside Studios and Gallery 5830’, which exhibit the work of local artists in the region.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Truckee
Are hotels in Truckee safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Northstar Resort?
How much does a hotel cost in Truckee?
Which hotels in Truckee, California include breakfast in the room price?
Which hotels in Truckee, California have a hot tub/Jacuzzi?
Which hotels in Truckee, California have family rooms?
Which hotels in Truckee, California have onsite parking?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Truckee?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Truckee by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Truckee hotels
Go to map