MSP - SFO
Find cheap flights from Minneapolis to San Francisco
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 24% drop in price.|
|February||Most popular time to fly with an average 25% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$246||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from Minneapolis to San Francisco
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $129 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Minneapolis to San Francisco was found 35 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and March. The cheapest month to fly is September.
- Morning departure is around 6% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) offers several different entertaining options for its departing passengers in both Terminal 1 and 2. If you want to kill time before a flight, head to the different restaurants such as A&W or Angel Food Bakery, roam around the many clothing shops, or even grab a book at Authors. For those who want to relax before a flight, there is a quiet seating area at Terminal 1, on the mezzanine level overlooking the airport mall.
- If you arrive early to MSP and want to keep the kids busy, there are three Children’s Play Areas, all open 24 hours. Two of them are in Terminal 1 (one at Concourse C, near Gate C12, and another one near Door 6), and the other one can be found in Terminal 2, just across from gate H6 in Concourse H.
- Go around San Francisco Airport (SFO) with the AirTrain, the free, automated shuttle which carries passengers between all four terminals (as well as to their garages) every few minutes.
- You can get a first taste of the San Francisco and Bay Area cuisine upon arrival at SFO, as most of the eateries there are branches of local restaurants, bars, and cafés – this includes Farmerbrown, located in Terminal 1’s Boarding Area C.
- SFO also offers many cultural options, such as the Aviation Museum and Library (in the International Terminal’s main hall), the Christian Science Reading Room (Terminal 1), the Berman Reflection Room (International Terminal), and the Yoga Rooms (Terminals 2 and 3), where you can relax and meditate both before and after a flight.
FAQs for booking Minneapolis to San Francisco flights
Are flight prices cheaper from Minneapolis to San Francisco because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from Minneapolis to San Francisco take?
How many flights are there between Minneapolis and San Francisco?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Minneapolis to San Francisco?
Do I need a passport to fly between Minneapolis and San Francisco?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Minneapolis and San Francisco?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Minneapolis to San Francisco?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Minneapolis to San Francisco?
What are my transportation options once I arrive at San Francisco Airport?
Which airlines fly directly from Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport to San Francisco Airport?
Which airline should I choose?
Are there hotels available onsite at San Francisco Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines serving Minneapolis St Paul to San Francisco
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Minneapolis to San Francisco (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from Minneapolis to San Francisco (one-way)
Minneapolis - San Francisco Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.