SFO - HNL
Find cheap flights from San Francisco to Honolulu
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 12% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 22% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$456||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from San Francisco to Honolulu
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $284 or less.
- The cheapest flight from San Francisco to Honolulu was found 57 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 13% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Flights from San Francisco to Honolulu usually depart from San Francisco International Airport. The largest passenger hub in the area, the airport is located 13.2 miles south of downtown San Fran.
- If you are traveling with children, don’t despair at the idea of having to entertain them during your time at the airport: San Francisco International Airport features a number of fully-equipped Children’s Play Areas accessorized with toys and games, books, and cartoons.
- If Honolulu is just the first step in a longer journey, why not enjoy your layover in Hawaii? At Honolulu Airport you can have a taste of the local cuisine thanks to the many restaurants and cafés available, but you can also browse the art on display which includes large murals, paintings, and sculptures, or just relax in the Zen Garden located in the International Terminal.
- If your flight has landed late and you don’t want to travel into Honolulu at night, why not sleep near the airport? While there is no hotel directly inside the terminals, places like the Airport Honolulu Hotel, the Best Western Plaza Hotel, and the Pacific Marina Inn are located just minutes from the passenger hub and all three offer a 24-hour shuttle service to their guests.
- To get to your hotel in Honolulu after your flight, the best way is to book a place on the Speedishuttle, a door-to-door shuttle service that will take you straight to where you are staying. Alternatively, you can use bus line numbers 19, 20, or 31, or hail a cab from one of the many taxi ranks located outside the airport.
FAQs for booking San Francisco to Honolulu flights
Are flight prices cheaper from San Francisco to Honolulu because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from San Francisco to Honolulu take?
How many flights are there between San Francisco and Honolulu?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from San Francisco to Honolulu?
Do I need a passport to fly between San Francisco and Honolulu?
Which airlines fly most frequently between San Francisco and Honolulu?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly San Francisco to Honolulu?
Which airports will I be using when flying from San Francisco to Honolulu?
Can I fly from San Francisco to Honolulu non-stop?
How do I get from downtown San Francisco to San Francisco International Airport?
Are there on-site hotels at San Francisco International Airport?
What is there to do in San Francisco International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines serving San Francisco to Honolulu
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from San Francisco to Honolulu (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from San Francisco to Honolulu (one-way)
San Francisco - Honolulu Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.