Find cheap flights to Oaxaca
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 5% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$442||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Oaxaca
- Looking for cheap airfare to Oaxaca? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Oaxaca for the following prices or less: From Miami $219, from Los Angeles $279, from Portland $393
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Oaxaca is May.
- People traveling to southern Mexico will possibly land at Oaxaca Xoxocotlan International Airport (OAX), which is relatively small and consists of only one terminal. Despite its size, the airport features the most important amenities like banking services and shops, plus accessible toilets and ramps.
- US residents who are flying to Oaxaca as tourists for a short-term stay do not have to apply for a visa before the trip. As long as you stay in Mexico for less than 180 days, all you need to enter is an up-to-date passport.
- Although there are not many shops at the airport in Oaxaca, the Airshop provides all kind of convenience products that you might need during your trip. Additionally, there is Artesanias Guelaguetza boutique with handmade gifts you can buy for yourself or your close ones. It is also possible to buy a SIM card at Telmex situated in the ambulatory of the airport building.
- Short on cash? No need to worry – there are ATMs in the main hall of the airport building so you can quickly withdraw money after your flight to Oaxaca. The ATMs are operated by Santander and Bancomer.
- Travelers who would like to get some maps and tips about things to see in the area should head to Discover Oaxaca desk in the main hall after their flight to Oaxaca, where they will obtain tourist information and can plan their vacation in more detail.
FAQs - booking Oaxaca flights
How long is the flight to Oaxaca?
What is the cheapest flight to Oaxaca?
Which airlines fly to Oaxaca?
How far is Oaxaca Airport from central Oaxaca?
What is the name of Oaxaca’s airport?
How do I get from Oaxaca Airport to downtown?
Can I rent a car at Oaxaca Xoxocotlan Airport?
What are the dining options at the airport in Oaxaca?
Are there any hotels close to Oaxaca Xoxocotlan Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Oaxaca?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Oaxaca?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Oaxaca?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Oaxaca?
Top 5 airlines flying to Oaxaca Xoxocotlan
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Oaxaca Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Oaxaca Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Oaxaca
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.