Find cheap flights to Budapest
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|June||Most popular time to fly with an average 21% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$858||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Budapest
- Looking for cheap airfare to Budapest? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Budapest for the following prices or less: From New York $591, from Chicago $641, from Los Angeles $671
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June and July. The cheapest month to fly to Budapest is January.
- If you’re booking flights to Budapest, you will be flying into Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport which is also called Ferihegy Airport. Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport is the largest airport in Hungary. The airport is located about 10 miles southeast of Budapest and borders the county of Pest.
- If you’re looking for transportation to and from Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, you have several different options available. You can take a bus, rent a car, use a mini bus, or hire a taxi. Look for Bus 100E if you want to head directly to the center of Budapest from the airport.
- Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport contains two terminals. Terminals 2A and 2B are connected by a Skycourt. Looking for the best shops? You will find most of the dining options and shops including duty free choices located in the Skycourt. You’ll find a smaller selection of shops and a few restaurants located near the boarding gates.
- If you are booking flights to Budapest and are planning on having an overnight layover, there is a hotel attached to the airport. Just head to Terminal 2B to reserve a room. Or, you can take a hotel shuttle to several other hotels that are located close to the airport including Budapest Marriott Hotel, Carlton Hotel Budapest, and Promenade City Hotel.
- If you’re feeling tired or sick after arriving, you have several different options at the airport. Head to the Dental Clinic in Terminal 2A for a toothache. Or, stop at the day spa for a neck, back, or foot massage to relieve stress. Over the counter drugs can be purchased from the pharmacies located in each terminal.
FAQs - booking Budapest flights
What is the cheapest flight to Budapest?
How far is Budapest Airport from central Budapest?
What is the name of Budapest’s airport?
Are there working areas for business travelers in Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport?
Does Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport have play areas for children?
What kinds of services does Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport offer?
What is the best way to get from Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport to St. Stephen's Basilica?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Budapest Ferenc Liszt Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Budapest Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Budapest Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Budapest
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.