Find cheap flights to New Zealand
Latest New Zealand Flight Deals
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 5% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 13% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$1280||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New Zealand
- Looking for cheap airfare to New Zealand? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to New Zealand for the following prices or less: From Los Angeles $843, from Portland $1140, from Chicago $1273
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to New Zealand is May.
- When you’re booking your flight to New Zealand from the US, you’ll most likely be flying into Auckland, which is home to New Zealand’s largest international airport. There are a handful of other airports in New Zealand, but those airports mainly receive traffic from destinations in Japan, Singapore and Fiji.
- The currency of New Zealand is the New Zealand Dollar, and exchanges can be made at all New Zealand Airports. If you’re traveling to Auckland, one of the most popular places to exchange money and get the best possible rate is the collection of money changers located on Queen Street in the city’s main business district.
- Although most flights from the US to Christchurch will have at least one stop, booking your flight to New Zealand through this city instead of Auckland can give you better access to the North and South Islands of New Zealand, giving you more bang for your buck. Routes to Christchurch are available with Fiji Airways.
- If you’ll be traveling to Australia after your time in New Zealand, you’ll have several options of airports to fly out of. Airports in New Zealand that operate flights to Australia include the Dunedin Airport (DUD), Queenstown Airport (ZQN) and Wellington Airport (WLG), giving you more options for conveniently traveling throughout the area.
- After flying to New Zealand, getting around the country via public transportation can be extremely limiting on the areas you’re able to conveniently visit. There are many popular destinations that aren’t reachable by bus. For this reason, it can be extremely beneficial to rent a car in the airport of Auckland, for example, to get around during your stay.
FAQs - booking New Zealand flights
How long is the flight to New Zealand?
What is the cheapest flight to New Zealand?
Which airlines fly to New Zealand?
What are the most popular destinations in New Zealand?
Do I need a visa to visit New Zealand?
Where should I fly to in New Zealand for easy access to the mountains?
Are there nonstop flights to New Zealand?
I want to visit the Fiordland National Park, where should I fly into?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to New Zealand
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to New Zealand (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to New Zealand (One-way)
Flights to New Zealand
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.