Santa Fe Car Rental Information
|Pick-up Location||Santa Fe|
|Car Types||Box truck, Commercial, Compact, Convertible, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Minivan, Premium, SUV, Standard, Van|
|Popular Agencies||Hertz, Enterprise, Avis, Budget|
Cheap Car Rentals in Santa Fe
Santa Fe car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Santa Fe
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||Hertz|
|Most Popular Car Type||Intermediate|
When to Book a Rental Car in Santa Fe
Top Tips For Renting a Car in Santa Fe
- As the capital of New Mexico, Santa Fe has lots to offer tourists. Along with historical attractions like Loretto Chapel and the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, there are a number of theatrical performances and concerts held at the Santa Fe Opera House. If you have a rental car, you might also enjoy a drive along the Turquoise Trail for nice scenery and the opportunity to shop at a variety of antique and boutique stores.
- Many major airlines, including Delta and American, fly in and out of Santa Fe Regional Airport. It offers numerous amenities and services for passengers including car rental services. Located in the baggage claim area, car rental offices for Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz can be found here.
- When driving in Santa Fe, you should be aware that there are several traffic cameras in and around the city. Via these cameras police look for drivers who exceed the speed limit or run lights, so drive with caution. Additionally, the sun in Santa Fe can be blinding, especially in the summertime. Be sure to have your sunglasses handy.
- Rush hour is really not that bad in Santa Fe. Many workers do commute from Albuquerque to Santa Fe for work, however; so I-25 (the route between these two cities) is often the busiest. The morning commute begins early (around 6:30 a.m.) and continues through 8 a.m. In the evening, traffic slows down between the hours of 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Santa Fe for $50 or less
- Book your rental car in Santa Fe at least 5 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Santa Fe are around 15% more expensive than airport locations on average
- Full-size rental cars in Santa Fe are around 46% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Santa Fe
How much does it cost to rent a car in Santa Fe?
On average a rental car in Santa Fe costs $68 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Santa Fe?
Intermediate (Hyundai Elantra or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Santa Fe.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Santa Fe?
What is the best rental car company in Santa Fe?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Santa Fe Airport (SAF)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Santa Fe Airport (SAF)?
What is the cheapest rental car location in Santa Fe?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest rental car price was found at Hertz 2010 Cerrillos Road Ste 7 87505 (3 miles from city center).
How can I find car rentals near me in Santa Fe?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Intermediate car rental cost in Santa Fe?
A Intermediate car rental in Santa Fe costs $72 per day, on average.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Santa Fe?
A Economy car rental in Santa Fe costs $63 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Santa Fe?
A Compact car rental in Santa Fe costs $61 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Santa Fe?
In Santa Fe, cars are most frequently rented at Hertz 2010 Cerrillos Road Ste 7 (2.92 miles from city center).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Santa Fe?
On average a rental car in Santa Fe costs $473 per week ($68 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Santa Fe?
On average a rental car in Santa Fe costs $2028 per month ($68 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Santa Fe?
New Mexico and the Santa Fe area have several beautiful beaches. If you plan to stroll along the beach, you should consider renting a convertible or Jeep to add to your fun. However, if you are planning a visit to Santa Fe National Forest or will be driving on some of Santa Fe’s back roads, you might consider renting a sport utility vehicle. Otherwise, any car will do for your visit.
What's the speed limit in Santa Fe?
Santa Fe is well developed with many highways to help locals and visitors to get around town. If you are on the interstate, you’ll be able to drive at speeds of up to 75 mph. If you are on the local expressway, however, the speed limit will drop to 55 mph.
How are gas prices in Santa Fe?
The cost of regular gasoline in Santa Fe is about $2.17 per gallon. Of course, mid-grade and premium gasoline will cost a little more. If you rent a car that requires diesel fuel, you’ll pay over $3.00 a gallon to fill up the tank. Most gas stations are self-service in Santa Fe, so you’ll need to be prepared to pump your own gasoline.
Where are the best places to park in Santa Fe?
Parking shouldn’t be a problem in downtown Santa Fe. You’ll find parking available on streets for a small fee. These same spots offer free parking after 6 p.m. and all day on Sundays. There are also plenty of paid parking lots and garages in the area, including the garage at Canyon Road, Water Street, and the Santa Fe Community Convention Center.