Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Rome
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 29% drop in price.|
|March||Most expensive month to stay with an average 46% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$179||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$210||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Rome hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
Top tips for finding the perfect Rome hotel
- When booking a hotel in Rome, make sure to be very clear on the number and types of beds you want. In Italy, a double room generally comes with two twin-beds unless it is specified otherwise – always clarify what you would prefer. The Liberty Rome Suites hotel is a great choice for large groups.
- Planning to visit the Vatican during your stay in Rome? Consider the Vatican Style Suite, which is only five-minute walk from St Peter’s Basilica. Another alternative could be the Mascherino Suites, which is the same distance away and also offers a shuttle service to the airport.
- If you’re looking to have a hip and unique experience in Rome, take a look at the many hotels located in Trastevere, such as Hotel San Francesco. This bohemian neighborhood is a mixture of traditional and modern Italy, and it is very possible to find budget hotels in the area. Hotel Villa San Pio is one of many examples.
- Many hotels in Rome provide complimentary breakfast. However, keep in mind that an Italian breakfast is generally composed of simple pastries or biscuits and coffee, instead of a buffet with eggs, sausages and bacon. At some 4- and 5-star hotels, such as Hotel Indigo, you might be able to find a more diverse menu.
- Rome is spread out and it is oftentimes worth splurging on a hotel to be in a convenient location. If you want to be within easy walking distance of all the major attractions and sites, look at hotels that are as close to the Trevi Fountain area and Termini Station as possible. The Trevi Collection hotel is a modern choice that is centrally located near many famous attractions.
- If hotels located in the Trevi Fountain area are outside your budget, select a hotel that is further from downtown but is located next to one of the city’s metro stops. Rome’s metro system is fairly easy to use and is incredibly cheap. The Grand Hotel Tiberio is a little bit more on the outskirts of the city, around 30 minutes by metro from the Piazza di Trevi, but still located right next to public transportation.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Rome
Are hotels in Rome safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Rome?
What are the best hotels near Roma Termini Railway Station?
What are the best hotels in Rome near the Spanish Steps?
What hotels in Rome have especially good spa services?
What hotel area is good for shopping in Rome?
What are the best hotels near the Trevi Fountain area?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Rome?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Rome by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Rome hotels
Go to map