SFO - LON
Find cheap flights from San Francisco to London
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 25% drop in price.|
|June||Most popular time to fly with an average 34% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$566||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from San Francisco to London
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $384 or less.
- The cheapest flight from San Francisco to London was found 62 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be May, June and July. The cheapest month to fly is October.
- Morning departure is around 12% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Interested in flights from San Francisco to London? If so, there are three different airports that you can choose to depart from. While San Francisco International Airport is the primary airport in the region and offers a diverse selection of flights, Oakland International Airport is a smaller and quieter choice. San Jose Mineta International Airport is also an option that is practical for travelers leaving from the southern region of San Francisco.
- When flying to London, there are five different airports that you can choose from. London Heathrow is the largest and is most convenient for those flying direct, while London City, London Stansted, and London Luton are best for travelers who prefer small and quiet airports. Finally, London Gatwick is a practical option for anyone planning on staying in the suburbs.
- To get a direct flight from San Francisco to London, consider flying with either British Airways or American Airlines. Both companies are known for having a diverse selection of flights between these two locations, plus they offer affordable tickets and provide amenities such as free checked bags, food, and drinks.
- If you’re interested in having a comfortable place to pass the time before your flight takes off, book your ticket with an airline that has a private lounge in San Francisco International Airport. American, Delta, and United Airlines all have private lounges in San Francisco, and they often offer access passes that are complimentary or reduced price for their customers.
- For those who will be traveling with children, make sure to stop by one of the Stay and Play areas located in London Heathrow Airport. These play areas contain a variety of games, toys, and activities, making them the perfect way for children to burn off some energy after sitting for a long flight.
FAQs for booking San Francisco to London flights
How long does a flight from San Francisco to London take?
How many flights are there between San Francisco and London?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from San Francisco to London?
Do I need a passport to fly between San Francisco and London?
Which airlines fly most frequently between San Francisco and London?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly San Francisco to London?
Which airports will I be using when flying from San Francisco to London?
What is the best way to travel from Gatwick Airport to downtown London?
What are some good hotels near London Heathrow Airport?
Can I store my luggage at London Heathrow Airport?
Does London Heathrow Airport have any prayer rooms?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from San Francisco to London?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from San Francisco to London?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from San Francisco to London?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from San Francisco to London?
Top airline flying San Francisco to London
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from San Francisco to London (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from San Francisco to London (one-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.