Find cheap flights to Canary Islands
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 8% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 24% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$866||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Canary Islands
- Looking for cheap airfare to Canary Islands? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Canary Islands for the following prices or less: From Boston Logan Intl $565, from New York $587, from Miami $653
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Canary Islands is November.
- When looking for flights to Canary Islands, keep in mind that the Spanish archipelago has seven main islands but is served by eight principal airports. Tenerife is the only island served by two airports—Tenerife North Airport (TFN) and Tenerife South Airport (TFS).
- The two airports with the fewest flight options are La Gomera Airport (GMZ) on La Gomera Island and El Hierro Airport (VDE) on El Hierro Island. Both airports are served by regional flights operated by Binter Canarias to and from Tenerife North Airport.
- The two busiest airports are the Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) on the third largest island in the archipelago and Tenerife South Airport on the largest island, Tenerife.
- When searching for flights to Canary Islands from the United States, remember that all flights require one or more layovers in a European city. The islands Fuerteventura, La Palma, Lanzarote, Tenerife, and Gran Canaria are served by regular and seasonal flights operated by dozens of Europe-based airlines, including low-cost companies like easyJet and Ryanair.
- US citizens don't need a tourist visa to travel to the Canary Islands in Spain, unless they plan to stay for more than 90 days. A passport valid for at least six months after the date of entry into the country is the only travel document required.
FAQs - booking Canary Islands flights
How long is the flight to Canary Islands?
What is the cheapest flight to Canary Islands?
What are the most popular destinations in Canary Islands?
I’m going to Siam Park. Which airport do I fly into?
Which airport is closest to Teide National Park?
What’s the best way to travel from Lanzarote Airport (ACE) to the capital city center?
How do I travel from Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) to Puerto del Rosario?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Canary Islands
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Canary Islands (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Canary Islands (One-way)
Flights to Canary Islands
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.