SFO - PHX
Find cheap flights from San Francisco to Phoenix
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 9% drop in price.|
|November||Most popular time to fly with an average 17% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$216||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from San Francisco to Phoenix
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $142 or less.
- The cheapest flight from San Francisco to Phoenix was found 32 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be October, November and December. The cheapest month to fly is January.
- On average*, there is no price difference when choosing to fly in the morning or the evening on this flight route.
- Various airlines offer nonstop flights from San Francisco to Phoenix, among them United Airlines, Delta, and American Airlines. All three airlines also provide lounges at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and with a valid boarding pass for your respective airline you can purchase entry passes for approximately $60 at the front desk of your lounge (subject to availability).
- There are few airports which combine art and aviation as well as San Francisco Airport. Apart from temporary and permanent exhibits throughout the terminals, there is also the Aviation Museum & Library where information-hungry travelers can learn more about the history of aviation. The exhibit is situated in the international main terminal hall and is free to enter between 10:30 am and 4:30 pm.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the Wag Brigade to sweeten up your time at San Francisco Airport. Apart from the usual human crew, a bunch of tail-wagging dogs (and one pig) roam the terminal halls to bring joy to young and old. You can recognize Wag Brigade members by their blue "Pet Me" vests.
- Traveling with children becomes a stress-free experience at San Francisco Airport with the many activities for children on offer. Kick off your airport experience in the pre-security area of the international terminal with a visit to the Museum Video Art Program to watch short movies. Head then to one of the many kid-friendly restaurants like the Manufactory Food Hall (international terminal, post-security) or Napa Farms (T2 or International Terminal, post-security).
- Upon your arrival at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), you may want to rent a car from the onsite car rental facilities. The airports boasts its own car rental center, situated a short walk from Terminal 2 on Sky Harbor Circle South. Companies represented there include Alamo, Enterprise, and Hertz.
FAQs for booking San Francisco to Phoenix flights
Are flight prices cheaper from San Francisco to Phoenix because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from San Francisco to Phoenix take?
How many flights are there between San Francisco and Phoenix?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from San Francisco to Phoenix?
Do I need a passport to fly between San Francisco and Phoenix?
Which airlines fly most frequently between San Francisco and Phoenix?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly San Francisco to Phoenix?
Which airports will I be using when flying from San Francisco to Phoenix?
Where can I park my car long-term at San Francisco Airport?
How can I get from Phoenix airport to the city center?
Where can I sleep to stay close to Phoenix airport?
Where are pet relief stations at Phoenix International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines serving San Francisco to Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from San Francisco to Phoenix (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from San Francisco to Phoenix (one-way)
San Francisco - Phoenix Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.