Find cheap flights to Knoxville
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 7% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$310||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Knoxville
- Looking for cheap airfare to Knoxville? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Knoxville for the following prices or less: From New York $121, from Denver Intl $123, from Washington $235
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January and February. The cheapest month to fly to Knoxville is August.
- If you have time to spare before your flight, take a walk around McGhee Tyson Airport. This passenger hub offers a number of shopping opportunities to travelers arriving at and departing from it: for some last minute purchases, hit the newspaper stands and kiosk selling magazines, books, traveling essentials, and souvenirs. For locals returning after a long flight wanting to stock up on groceries, there is a mini mart just outside the airport.
- Eating at McGhee Tyson Airport is also not a problem as there are a number of food concession stands located at various points throughout the airport. These include local cafés and eateries as well as large chains like Starbucks, Cinnabon, and Quiznos Subs.
- If your flight to Knoxville has landed late and you don’t want to travel at night, the best idea is to spend the night in or near the airport. The Hilton Knoxville Airport, for example, is connected to the passenger hub via a covered walkway and, in addition to comfortable rooms and a rich breakfast spread, it provides a shuttle bus service to the surrounding area within a 5 mile radius.
- If your flight includes a short stopover in Knoxville and you are tired of shopping, why not gaze at some art? The Art in the Airport Program includes the set-up of a number of exhibitions scattered throughout the terminal, with pieces by local artists displayed on a rotational basis.
- If, on the other hand, you are on a long stopover, why not get out of the airport and explore a little? McGhee Tyson Airport is ideally located to reach popular attractions such as the Cades Cove Museum (4.8 miles to the south), the UT Gardens (11.6 miles to the north), and the beautiful Lakeshore Park (14.2 miles to the north).
FAQs - booking Knoxville flights
How long is the flight to Knoxville?
What is the cheapest flight to Knoxville?
Which airlines fly to Knoxville?
How far is Knoxville Airport from central Knoxville?
What is the name of Knoxville’s airport?
How to get from McGhee Tyson Airport to Knoxville city center?
What kind of services does McGhee Tyson Airport offer?
Is there a mall near McGhee Tyson Airport?
What hotels near McGhee Tyson Airport provide shuttle services?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Knoxville McGhee Tyson
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Knoxville Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Knoxville Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Knoxville
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.