Find cheap flights to Puerto Plata
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 5% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$620||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Puerto Plata
- Looking for cheap airfare to Puerto Plata? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Puerto Plata for the following prices or less: From Boston Logan Intl $234, from New York $367, from Washington $444
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Puerto Plata is September.
- To ensure that you get a direct flight to San Felipe de Puerto Plata from the US, reserve your tickets with American, JetBlue, or United Airlines. Both American and JetBlue are known for offering affordable tickets, while United has the option to upgrade to a more comfortable seat for a small fee.
- If you often fly to San Felipe de Puerto Plata, consider signing up for one of the lounge membership programs at Puerto Plata International Airport (POP). You can purchase passes for either the Victorian Room or the Salon Ambar, and getting a pass for unlimited lounge visits per year costs RD$ 20,264.41 ($399).
- To allow your kids to burn through some energy after your flight to San Felipe de Puerto Plata has landed, bring them to the children’s play area that is located on the first floor of Puerto Plata International Airport near the food court. This play area has many games and toys, making it popular amongst families.
- Although the official currency of the Dominican Republic is the Dominican Peso, many businesses accept US Dollars and Euros. There is a large currency exchange booth that is located in the Arrivals terminal of Puerto Plata International Airport where you can either withdraw money or change cash into one of these currencies.
- For travelers who smoke, you can have a cigarette in the smoking room that is located in the south terminal of Puerto Plata International Airport. Equipped with a strong ventilation system, seating, tables, and ashtrays, this room is the only zone inside of the airport where smoking is allowed.
FAQs - booking Puerto Plata flights
How long is the flight to Puerto Plata?
What is the cheapest flight to Puerto Plata?
Which airlines fly to Puerto Plata?
How far is Puerto Plata Airport from central Puerto Plata?
What is the name of Puerto Plata’s airport?
Are there any restaurants at Puerto Plata International Airport?
How do I get from Puerto Plata International Airport to downtown San Felipe de Puerto Plata?
Which hotels are closest to Puerto Plata International Airport?
Where can I rent a car from Puerto Plata International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airlines flying to Puerto Plata La Union
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Puerto Plata Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Puerto Plata Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Puerto Plata
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.