Find cheap flights to Melbourne
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 6% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 22% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$1141||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Melbourne
- Looking for cheap airfare to Melbourne? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Melbourne for the following prices or less: From Los Angeles $770, from San Francisco $876, from New York $952
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Melbourne is March.
- Flights to Melbourne, Australia, usually land at Tullamarine Airport. The only international airport in the Melbourne metropolitan area, it is the second busiest airport in Australia, with millions of passengers walking through its doors every year. It is located 14 miles from Melbourne city center.
- If you want to enjoy a spot of shopping before departing, Melbourne Tullamarine Airport certainly delivers: with its hundreds of shops spread out over four terminals, this passenger hub is a shopper’s Mecca, regardless what you are looking for. Eating at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is also not a problem thanks to the many restaurants and food concession points.
- If you want to relax before your flight and enjoy reading your newspaper in a peaceful environment, head to one of the many airport lounges. Some are linked to a specific membership programs but many others feature a pay-per-use option and, once inside, you can enjoy amenities such as rest areas, comfortable seating, complimentary newspapers and magazines, snacks and drinks, and TV.
- Passengers that would have to travel to and from the airport at night might choose to rest in one of the many hotels located just minutes from the airport. All of which feature shuttle service, free Wi-Fi, and complimentary breakfast, some hotels also offer day rooms (subject to availability) for those who want to take a nap during a long stopover.
- Although Tullamarine Airport is the most used, flights to Melbourne might also land at Avalon Airport (21 miles to the southwest), Essendon Airport (10 miles to the northwest), or Moorabbin Airport (18.5 miles to the south).
FAQs - booking Melbourne flights
How much does it cost to fly to Melbourne?
What are the cheapest months to fly to Melbourne?
Which is the cheapest day to fly to Melbourne?
How long is the flight to Melbourne?
What is the name of Melbourne’s airport?
How far is Melbourne Airport from central Melbourne?
How to get from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport to Melbourne city center?
What kind of services does Melbourne Tullamarine Airport offer?
Does Melbourne Tullamarine Airport provide services to families with children?
What attractions are close to Essendon Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Melbourne
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Melbourne Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Melbourne Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Melbourne
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.