Find cheap flights to Liberia
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (round trip)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Liberia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Liberia? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Liberia for the following prices or less: From New York $281, from Los Angeles $335, from San Francisco $442
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Liberia is September.
- If you’re interested in booking a flight to Liberia, there are two airports that you can choose from. Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport is a small choice that is located less than 10 miles from Liberia’s city center, while San Jose International Airport oftentimes has cheaper flights but is located a 3 hour drive from the city.
- Are you an art enthusiast? If so, make sure to visit the small art gallery located in Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport either after your flight to Liberia lands or before your next flight takes off. This gallery provides travelers with an interesting way to pass the time while also learning about the region’s local artists.
- For travelers that will be spending a substantial amount of time in Liberia and are interested in purchasing a local phone plan, pay a visit to the Kolbi stand located inside Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport just after customs. This stand sells Costa Rican SIM cards and can help you to set up your phone service.
- Interested in grabbing a bite to eat before your flight takes off? The Departures terminal of Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport contains a small sit-down restaurant that serves traditional Costa Rican food and has a full-service bar. There is also a Quiznos that is a popular option amongst travelers that are short on time.
- If you would like to travel from Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport to downtown Liberia via public transportation, use the local bus. There is a bus stop directly outside the airport’s Arrivals terminal, and buses that travel between this location and Liberia’s city center leave every hour between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
FAQs - booking Liberia flights
How long is the flight to Liberia?
|Flights from New York||5h 11m|
|Flights from Dallas||4h 04m|
|Flights from Dallas||4h 04m|
|Flights from Los Angeles||5h 51m|
|Flights from Atlanta||3h 59m|
What is the cheapest flight to Liberia?
The cheapest airline ticket to Liberia from United States in the last 72 hours was $201 round-trip on the route San Jose to Liberia. The most popular route is New York to Liberia and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $262 round-trip.
Which airlines fly to Liberia?
In general from United States, Alaska Airlines, JetBlue and Emirates fly the most to Liberia. The most popular route is from New York, and JetBlue, Emirates & Air Canada fly this route the most.
How far is Liberia Airport from central Liberia?
Liberia Airport is 8 miles from the center of Liberia. View on Map.
What is the name of Liberia’s airport?
Liberia is served by Liberia Airport, also commonly referred to as Daniel Oduber Quirós Intl, Liberia, Liberia Intl. The airport code is LIR.
What are good hotels near Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport?
The Hilton Garden Inn is a casual choice that is conveniently located across the street from Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport and is less than a 30-minute drive to Liberia’s city center. The Hotel Santa Ana is a budget-choice that is a 5-minute drive to the airport.
How far is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport from Museum Guanacaste?
Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport is located approximately 6 miles from the popular Museum Guanacaste. If you are traveling between these two locations by car, it should take approximately 15 minutes if there is no additional traffic. If you are using public transportation, such as the bus, it should take upwards of 30 minutes.
What is the best way to travel from San Jose International Airport to downtown Liberia?
Because San Jose International Airport is approximately 125 miles from downtown Liberia, the easiest way to travel between these two destinations is by car. However, there are some buses that you can take, but this trip takes approximately 5-6 hours.
What shopping options are there in Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport?
To grab some souvenirs before your flight takes off, browse through the different shopping options at Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport. There are several small stores that sell local goods, such as food products and clothing, as well as a large duty-free shop that sells cosmetics, electronics, accessories, and more. If you’re interested in something particularly fancy, there is also a jewelry store in the Departures Terminal.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travelers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Liberia Plane Tickets(Round-trip)
Pros: Easy boarding
Cons: Crew did the minimum, when I asked for a water an hour after the beverage service the flight attendant became clearly annoyed. I did get the water. This has happened regularly on other United flights that I have been on. It seems to be a strategy to discourage passengers from asking for anything.
Pros: Crew was friendly and efficient. The flight got in slightly early. Baggage was swiftly delivered after our arrival.
Cons: Very little legroom. I would have appreciated a small lunch item, beyond a tiny bag of almonds or two small cookies. But this is where we are these days with air travel.
Flights to Liberia
- Flights »
- United States:
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.