Find cheap flights to South Dakota
Good to know
|June||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 6% drop in price.|
|March||Most popular time to fly with an average 19% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$407||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to South Dakota
- Looking for cheap airfare to South Dakota? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to South Dakota for the following prices or less: From Chicago $301, from Boston Logan Intl $404, from Denver Intl $853
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January and February. The cheapest month to fly to South Dakota is September.
- When searching for flights to South Dakota, keep in mind that the state is served by five regional airports—in Aberdeen, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Pierre, and Watertown. Each one of these airports has limited options of flights and destinations.
- Aberdeen Regional Airport (ABR), Pierre Regional Airport (PIR), and Watertown Regional Airport (ATY) are the airports with fewer connections and that serve fewer destinations. When looking for flights to South Dakota, you can fly into Aberdeen from Minneapolis, into Pierre from Denver, and into Watertown from Chicago or Denver.
- The Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP) and the Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) are the two airports in South Dakota that serve the most destinations in the US and that offer the most options of airlines to choose from.
- While American Airlines flies only to Rapid City and Frontier flies only to Sioux Falls, Allegiant and United Airlines fly to both cities. If you have a preference when it comes to airlines, remember this when looking for flights to South Dakota in these two cities.
- Passengers traveling from Las Vegas, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Chicago, and Atlanta can fly into either Sioux Falls or Rapid City. If you’re flying into South Dakota from Orlando, Los Angeles, Dallas, or Denver, you must select Sioux Falls Airport. Rapid City Airport serves nonstop flights from Charlotte, Houston, Newark, and San Francisco.
FAQs - booking South Dakota flights
How long is the flight to South Dakota?
What is the cheapest flight to South Dakota?
Which airlines fly to South Dakota?
What are the most popular destinations in South Dakota?
I’m visiting Mount Rushmore. Which airport do I fly into?
Where do I fly to visit the Falls Park in South Dakota?
Where do I fly into to visit the Crazy Horse Memorial?
I’m traveling with my family to Storybook Island. Which airport is most convenient?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to South Dakota
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to South Dakota (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to South Dakota (One-way)
Flights to South Dakota
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.