Find cheap flights to Kailua-Kona
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 11% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$585||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Kailua-Kona
- Looking for cheap airfare to Kailua-Kona? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Kailua-Kona for the following prices or less: From Honolulu $59, from Los Angeles $258, from San Francisco $311
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Kailua-Kona is February.
- Visitors to the Island of Hawaii (also known as the Big Island) may find themselves landing at one of two airports serving the island. Namely, Hilo International Airport (ITO) and Kona International Airport (KOA). Hilo International Airport primarily services the eastern portion of the island, while Kona International Airport offers flights to Kailua-Kona and its surrounding area.
- Travelers with pets should be aware that Hawaii has very strict quarantine rules and that all pets must receive proper vaccinations and proof of such prior to their arrival in Hawaii. If you fail to bring such documentation with you, your animals could be quarantined for a lengthy amount of time.
- Looking to grab a bite to eat after your flight to Kailua-Kona? While Kona International Airport is not the largest of airports, it still provides a decent restaurant and snack selection for hungry travelers. One good option to check out is Laniakea by Centerplate, which serves a variety of local Hawaiian fare.
- Speedishuttle is one of the best ways to get around the Island of Hawaii for tourists. They offer door-to-door pickup service from Kona International Airport to destinations all across the island. So, whether you want to get to your resort or go straight to a volcano for a bit of hiking, they have you covered.
- Want to jump right into tourism mode upon your arrival in Kona International Airport? Consider purchasing flowers and leis at one of the flower stands in the airport. After all, there’s nothing that screams Hawaii more than a traditional lei.
FAQs - booking Kailua-Kona flights
How long is the flight to Kailua-Kona?
What is the cheapest flight to Kailua-Kona?
Which airlines fly to Kailua-Kona?
How far is Kailua-Kona Airport from central Kailua-Kona?
What is the name of Kailua-Kona’s airport?
How to get to and from Kona International Airport to downtown Kailua-Kona?
What shopping options are available in Kona International Airport?
What is there to do while in Kona International Airport?
What hotels and resorts near Kona International Airport offer transport services?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Kona Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Kailua-Kona Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Kailua-Kona Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Kailua-Kona
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.