Find cheap flights to Peru
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 9% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$853||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Peru
- Looking for cheap airfare to Peru? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Peru for the following prices or less: From Washington $544, from Miami $619, from Los Angeles $655
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Peru is October.
- As you’re booking your flight to Peru, you’ll have a handful of different destinations to choose from. The capital city of Lima sees most of the international flight traffic from the US, but there are many available flights also serving destinations like Cusco, Iquitos, Juliaca and a handful of others.
- The most common way to get to Macchu Picchu is to fly to Cusco, then take a train from a nearby village to Aguas Calientes and either trek or catch a shuttle bus to Macchu Picchu.
- US Dollars are accepted in some of the popular tourist areas in Peru, but you will need the local currency of Soles for smaller businesses and areas outside of large cities like Lima. There are ATMs that accept US bank cards in Peru’s larger cities, where you can obtain Soles for your stay.
- If you’re heading to Macchu Picchu after spending some time in Lima, the most popular route is by bus. The buses have several stops along the way and enable tourists to hop on and hop off to see a good portion of central Peru in a short amount of time.
- Aside from the bus to Lima to Cusco, there are few long-distance buses in Peru. There are a handful of destinations that are not accessible by bus or cars altogether. Regional flights can be affordable and are the most convenient way to get around the country.
FAQs - booking Peru flights
How long is the flight to Peru?
What is the cheapest flight to Peru?
Which airlines fly to Peru?
What are the most popular destinations in Peru?
Do I need a visa for entry into Peru?
Are there nonstop flights to Peru?
I want to visit the Sacred Valley in Peru, what city should I fly to?
Where should I fly to in Peru for the best access to the coast?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Peru
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Peru (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Peru (One-way)
Flights to Peru
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.