Find cheap flights to Lima
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 8% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$703||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Lima
- Looking for cheap airfare to Lima? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Lima for the following prices or less: From Washington $517, from New York $594, from Los Angeles $603
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Lima is April.
- As Jorge Chavez International Airport is the main passenger hub serving Lima, Peru, chances are your flight to Lima will land there. The airport is located in Callao, a small town only 7 miles from Lima and 11 miles from the port city of Miraflores, and it serves both domestic and international routes.
- Doing some shopping before departing at Jorge Chavez International Airport is certainly easy: on the second floor of the airport you can find the Peru Plaza and its wide range of both local and international chains. Here you can find typical Peruvian crafts such as alpaca clothing, leather goods, silver and gold jewelry, popular foodstuffs like chocolate and coffee, and more modern fashion sporting traditional Peruvian decorations.
- Eating at Jorge Chavez International Airport is also not a problem as the shopping area includes a food court with big names like McDonald’s and Starbucks sitting right next to local restaurants serving traditional Peruvian food. Why not taste some typical Peruvian cuisine while waiting for your flight?
- If your stopover in Lima is a long one, you might want to get out of the airport and explore the surrounding area a bit. If you want to know more about the country, the Museo Larco is the perfect stop: located only 4.7 miles from the airport, it is known for the largest collection of pre-Columbian Peruvian jewelry, all in gold or silver and decorated with semi-precious stones.
- If your flight to Lima is a night one and you decide not to travel into the city at a late hour, you can choose to spend the night at the airport hotel, located right in front of the terminal exit. The Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Aeropuerto provides both night and day rooms with breakfast included and noise canceling panels to ensure a good rest. Another option is the Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel, located about 0.6 miles from the airport.
FAQs - booking Lima flights
How long is the flight to Lima?
What is the cheapest flight to Lima?
Which airlines fly to Lima?
How far is Lima Airport from central Lima?
What is the name of Lima’s airport?
How to get from Jorge Chavez International Airport to Lima city center?
How to get from Jorge Chavez International Airport to Miraflores?
What kind of services does Jorge Chavez International Airport offer?
Does Jorge Chavez International Airport feature lounges?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Lima J Chavez Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Lima Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Lima Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Lima
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.