Find cheap flights to Tokyo
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 10% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$933||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Tokyo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Tokyo? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Tokyo for the following prices or less: From Los Angeles $690, from San Francisco $704, from New York $721
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Tokyo is September.
- Two main airports dominate the skies in Tokyo: Narita International Airport (NRT) and Tokyo International Airport (HND). Narita International Airport, also known as Tokyo Narita Airport, is the major international airport and is located 37 miles east of the city center. Tokyo International Airport, more commonly known as Haneda Airport, is the main domestic hub.
- Narita International Airport is very well connected to Tokyo. The Narita Express is one of the quicker transport options and travelers can take it from any of the rail stations located in the lower levels of each of Narita Airport’s three terminals. The Narita Express takes about 55 minutes to go from Narita Airport to Tokyo Station in central Tokyo.
- Haneda Airport sits in the heart of downtown Tokyo and consequently has direct access to Tokyo’s public transport system through stations within Haneda Airport. Visitors have multiple choices for public transit, including the Tokyo Monorail and Keikyu Railways. Both of these options connect to subway lines and are cheap and quick means of transport.
- For many travelers, discovering Japanese culture is a trip highlight. The journey starts at Narita International Airport, with daily events tailored to introduce you to Japanese culture right after you land in Tokyo. Events are held in Terminals 1 and 2, and include photo ops and exhibitions.
FAQs - booking Tokyo flights
Which airlines fly to Tokyo?
How much does it cost to fly to Tokyo?
What are the cheapest months to fly to Tokyo?
Which is the cheapest day to fly to Tokyo?
How long is the flight to Tokyo?
Which Tokyo airport is closest to central Tokyo?
What services do the Tokyo airports offer business travelers?
What pet facilities are available in the Tokyo airports?
What is there to eat at the Tokyo airports?
What is there to do in Haneda Airport?
Are there hotels at the Tokyo airports?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Tokyo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Tokyo
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.