Pros: Upgraded no extra charge to a better vehicle.
Cons: Better information prior to reservation on insurance and coverage. Car was filthy with peanut shells in back seats, stains and what looked like dried soda on the doors. Power steering on the vehicle sucked and seemed like it didn't have much power in idle (didn't even have to hit the brake to keep the car from moving). Capacity is deceptive when it says a # of passengers (it includes the driver) which was unknown. It was like a maze trying to get to and from the lot, nobody leads you to the car and inspects it with you before departure and upon return. Gas said it was to be a full tank, came with 6/8 or 3/4 tank, which didn't matter much. Only got one key.
Pros: Pick up and drop off were very easy, efficient, and low contact.
Cons: They did not have a car for us. It was extremely frustrating to change all of our travel plans because they ran out of cars even though they gave us the confirmation number. This is not acceptable.
Pros: Absolutely nothing. This was one of the worst travel experiences of my life.
Cons: The pickup and dropoff points were closed during the times I had booked the car. I had no idea where to drop off the car, there was zero signage, and I am still being charged for the car. No one would pick up the phone, including Hertz's EMERGENCY number. I am disgusted and will never use this company again.
Cons: The rental location where I booked the car was closed. Hertz cancelled my reservation the day I was supposed to pick up.
Cons: They did not have the car I rented - a cargo van. They said they haven’t had one in two months. They initially offered me a sedan as a replacement, which was not helpful as I rented the van for moving purposes. Luckily they had a recently returned minivan that they had to run to the nearest car wash to vacuum and wash it. (So much for the increased cleaning due to COVID.)
Pros: Very friendly staff.... clean, very conscious of social distancing.
Cons: It's a little hard to get there.
Cons: The rental location could have stayed open so that I could have picked up the car
Pros: No the staff was not friendly at all didn't say hi when I walk in and definitely not helpful neither
Cons: They need training in Customer Service a hello and a smile goes a long way.
Pros: How easy it is with booking
Cons: Clarify what are the requirements in the pick up because when I arrived to Hertz they said I must have a credit card on me which is not as I thought.
Cons: I had a rude salesperson I actually cancelled I was misquoted and should not be billed for this transaction
Pros: Pricing is misleading. Hertz publishes inaccurate information regarding young drivers policy.
Cons: I had a terrible experience and will never rent with Hertz again.
Other suppliers in Philadelphia scored
- 8.6/10 Alamo car rentals in Philadelphia
- 7.2/10 Avis car rentals in Philadelphia
- 6.5/10 Budget car rentals in Philadelphia
- 7.2/10 Dollar car rentals in Philadelphia
- 8.4/10 Enterprise car rentals in Philadelphia
- 8.1/10 National car rentals in Philadelphia
- 5.4/10 Payless car rentals in Philadelphia
- 6.9/10 Thrifty car rentals in Philadelphia
- 7.1/10 Sixt car rentals in Philadelphia
- 4.5/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in Philadelphia
- 4.9/10 Rent-A-Wreck car rentals in Philadelphia
Where can I find Hertz car rentals in Philadelphia?
Top tips for renting a car from Hertz in Philadelphia
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Hertz in Philadelphia for $35 or less
- Book your rental car from Philadelphia in Hertz at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Standard rental cars from Hertz in Philadelphia are around 35% cheaper than other car types, on average