Cons: Arrived at Avis at the PHL airport and the line was out the door into the parking lot. Avis was running out of cars because they clearly were OVER overbooked. After 30 minutes of waiting in the parking lot, a worker came out to tell anyone who booked a reservation after 12 noon on 6/27 would not get a vehicle and their reservation would not be honored (even if you already pre-paid). Thankfully, I booked my vehicle prior to 12noon. Despite customers leaving after hearing the news, I waited in line for over an hour to get my rental. There were five (5) employees working, only 1 and sometimes 2 of them who actually took care of any customers. I’ll never return to Avis again.
Cons: The location of pick up was closed
Pros: First time using Avis; after a nearly vacation-ruining bad experience with Enterprise I decided to go elsewhere this time...and it was great! Easy bus pick up curbside at PHL, friendly staff, and a nice and clean car. I have no complaints and will be using Avis again. Getting a hybrid was a super nice bonus cuz we saved on gas.
Cons: This is really really picky but the car had recently been through a car wash and the soap scum dots on the mirrors made it hard to see in the sunlight. Totally not a big deal- I just wiped them down with a paper towel as soon as I had the opportunity to stop.
Pros: Tire popped on highway...45 minutes with customer service. they didn't know tow/tire change wouldn't come to NJ turnpike. 2 weeks after got bill in mail, charging me for tire
Cons: Wait time at pick up. Inefficient process.
Pros: In and out, great efficiency with the vehicle, great staff, nothing more to ask for.
Cons: Closing hours or maybe add a Dropbox
Cons: Nothing could be better. I had a major problem with scheduled time drop off because I had booked online with other agency. Avis made it perfect with no problem at all. Can't say enough good about them
Pros: Staff was very helpful and friendly. Easy process.
Cons: The store opens at 7 and my reservation was for 7 but no one showed up to even open the store until 7:05. They didn't go over the mileage or check for any damages before I left so the before miles were documented incorrectly. They don’t give you any instructions on what to do upon return.
Cons: The only thing is that their location is worn down and nasty - car was great - people were great
Pros: Price, car (192 miles on the odometer!)
Cons: Hard to reach on telephone for reservation modification (number on contract to extend rental, was never answered).
Pros: Nothing, the entire experience was awful.
Cons: Everything, the customer service was terrible, the check engine light was on in the car, I got charged 3x for twice the amount that was owed. All in all I would rather walk then use Avis again. Seriously, how do you employee such rude people and stay in business? So rough..
Other suppliers in Philadelphia scored
- 8.6/10 Alamo car rentals in Philadelphia
- 6.5/10 Budget car rentals in Philadelphia
- 7.2/10 Dollar car rentals in Philadelphia
- 8.4/10 Enterprise car rentals in Philadelphia
- 6.6/10 Hertz car rentals in Philadelphia
- 8.1/10 National car rentals in Philadelphia
- 5.4/10 Payless car rentals in Philadelphia
- 6.9/10 Thrifty car rentals in Philadelphia
- 7.1/10 Sixt car rentals in Philadelphia
- 4.5/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in Philadelphia
- 4.9/10 Rent-A-Wreck car rentals in Philadelphia
Where can I find Avis car rentals in Philadelphia?
Top tips for renting a car from Avis in Philadelphia
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Avis in Philadelphia for $49 or less
- Book your rental car from Philadelphia in Avis at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Standard rental cars from Avis in Philadelphia are around 35% cheaper than other car types, on average