Find cheap flights to the Maldives
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 3% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$1215||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to the Maldives
- Looking for cheap airfare to the Maldives? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to the Maldives for the following prices or less: From Los Angeles $644, from New York $1502, from Boston Logan Intl $1698
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to the Maldives is November.
- The Maldives is one of the world’s most exotic tourist destinations, consisting of 26 atolls in the Arabian Sea. Kaafu Atoll occupies space in the center of the archipelago and includes South Male Atoll and North Male Atoll. North Male Atoll is the main international hub for the country via Velana International Airport (MLE) or Male Airport.
- In addition to the other Kaafu Atoll territories of South Male Atoll, Gaafaru and Kaashidhoo Islands, Male Airport should also be used to journey to more southern areas like Vaavu Atoll and Meemu Atoll as well as Lhaviyani Atoll to the north and Alifu Alifu Atoll to the west.
- After your flight from the US to the Maldives, a trip to the northern reaches should start from Male Airport and end at Hanimaadhoo Airport (HAQ) in Haa Dhaalu Atoll. From here, you can discover the vistas and beaches of the surrounding areas like Haa Alifu Atoll to the north and Shaviyani Atoll to the south.
- A connecting flight from Male Airport to Dharavandhoo Airport (DRV) in Baa Atoll is another option if you wish to visit Lhaiviyani Atoll. From there, you can hop to neighboring Raa Atoll and visit its capital Ungoofaaru to the north before heading east to Noonu Atoll and its main town Manadhoo.
- If you’re spending time on Alifu Alifu Atoll, you can take some time exploring the areas to the south, including Alifu Dhaalu Atoll, then take a short flight from Villa Airport (VAM) in Maamigili over Faafu Atoll and Dhaalu Atoll towards Thaa Atoll where you can land at Thimarafushi Airport (TMF) to get a fresher perspective.
FAQs - booking Maldives flights
How long is the flight to the Maldives?
What is the cheapest flight to the Maldives?
What are the most popular destinations in Maldives?
How do I get to Seenu Atoll from Male Airport?
Is the National Museum close to Male Airport?
How long can I stay in the Maldives on a tourist visa?
Can I use US dollars in Maldives?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to the Maldives
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Maldives Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to the Maldives
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.