|Standard station wagon||$34/day|
|Open air all terrain||$36/day|
Pros: It was very easy to book, I read that there would be a free-cancellation but I missed my appointment due to having to company my younger sister to the ER. I called the rental location & told them I wasn’t gonna make it at all & they Cancelled the reservation & I asked if I’d be refunded the $30. They said they didn’t charge me but on my bank statement I was charged
Cons: I was charged 3 times the original stipulated amount on the website. Was scammed but could not change the booking as it was last minute.
Cons: I was not given a remote key. The car didn’t have a USB outlet.
Pros: The lady at check in was nice but I had to go through two different cars before I was able to leave
Cons: Don’t have cars with expired plates on lot. Have cruise control in cars Don’t charge for gas when it was left in full
Pros: Blue chip privileges
Cons: Check-in was painfully slow. I had to use the video check-in terminal with a remote agent. I was talked into a so called upgrade that I later regretted. The Dodge Journey was sold to me as an SUV, which wasn’t true but they had no other vehicles available in my class. Vehicle was underpowered and not what I needed. Last time with Thrifty, me thinks.
Pros: Car was great, exactly what I ordered.
Cons: DO NOT believe anything the desk agent says. First I was ridiculed for buying insurance through a 3rd party and not Thrifty, a “stupid move” according to the agent. Then I was told I should prepay for fuel so that I could have the vehicle “topped off” when I dropped it off. Never was I shown a brochure saying what I was signing for was $68 in fuel and $30 in taxes and surcharges. I returned the vehicle with a full tank and 16 miles on the odometer since fuel up. I clarified with the rep that I would only be charged for the top off at $3.82 a gallon. I never would have signed had the full, true details been told to me. Customer service is no help at all.
Pros: Staff and price
Pros: The vehicle itself was clean and easy to choose/drop off.The
Cons: The pick up line had four people in front of me and only one agent at midnight. It took over 30 minutes for my turn. I was misinformed about fuel repayment options and overcharged for fuel by $36.50 because of it. Now that I look back at other people's reviews I see this is an ongoing problem of being misinformed and overcharged for fuel.
Cons: A bigger trunk more room.... a bigger middle counsel... ashtray...heated seats....
Pros: Car was great
Cons: Staff was rude and not helpful. They acted as if we were inconveniencing them by calling. We needed to extent our drop off time due to holiday traffic and they were very rude-sighing on the phone and being very short with us. Will never use them again.
Other suppliers in San Diego scored
- 7.7/10 Avis car rentals in San Diego
- 7.6/10 Budget car rentals in San Diego
- 7.9/10 Dollar car rentals in San Diego
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in San Diego
- 7.0/10 Hertz car rentals in San Diego
- 9.3/10 National car rentals in San Diego
- 5.1/10 Payless car rentals in San Diego
- 6.9/10 Airport Van car rentals in San Diego
- 8.9/10 Alamo car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Advantage car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in San Diego
- 8.6/10 GREEN MOTION car rentals in San Diego
- 6.5/10 Fox car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Pacific car rentals in San Diego
- 6.6/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Ace car rentals in San Diego
- 7.7/10 Sixt car rentals in San Diego
Where can I find Thrifty car rentals in San Diego?
Top tips for renting a car from Thrifty in San Diego
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Thrifty in San Diego for $38 or less
- Book your rental car from San Diego in Thrifty at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Mini rental cars from Thrifty in San Diego are around 53% cheaper than other car types, on average