Pros: No. Waited 2.5 hours for my car. Did not get a full size vehicle cause they “were out”. “We’re doing the best we can during a pandemic “.
Cons: Waited 2.5 hours for a car. They “were out” of full size vehicles so I got a compact car. Staff did not apologize, just stated “we’re doing the best we can during a pandemic “. I was not asked to prepay for gas. Brought the car back 3 hours early with a half tank. Was charged 9.99 a gallon. Unacceptable and I will not pay it.
Cons: The cars brakes are in bad shape. Pick up procedure was extremely long.
Pros: The staff at Ace car rental were incredibly helpful and nice! Went above and beyond for my family and our experience
Cons: Drop off hours. Recorder says open until 9pm, M-S, but when I got there at 7pm, it was closed
Cons: We waited at the airport for about 40 minutes before we started walking towards the rental shop. They said shuttles would be available every 10 minutes and that was not the case. Also when you tried to call the phone line would go to voicemail. We reserved a SUV but when we got there all they had was a mini van. It ended up working in our favor, but it put a bad taste in our mouth
Cons: Ace wouldn’t fulfill our reservation because our trip was outside the “mileage limitation.” Our reservation clearly stated there was unlimited mileage, so Ace is either not accommodating or Kayak is false advertising.
Pros: Staff was friendly and accommodating. Made pick up and drop off easy.
Cons: Need more staff at the counter for faster service. There was only one person at the counter and the line was long.
Pros: Literally the worst car rental company ever. I have used them a few times and always regret it.
Cons: The rental process takes about 5 times longer than any other company. This time they told me I had to purchase the insurance or else they wouldn’t give me the car. The insurance was more expensive than the car per day. Scam.
Cons: Original rental car we picked out for our road trip had engine problems & braking made a scrapping noise when pressed. Had to return car to swap out.
Pros: Staff will trick you
Cons: They charge you for insurance even though you decline it
Cons: Was only for San Diego travel, which meant we couldn't use it. Website had said unlimited miles and didn't note that
Pros: The price. The location.
Cons: I had a credit card, however, two credit cards (for identification and because I did NOT take their insurance as I had proof of my own which they approved) were required.
Other suppliers in San Diego scored
- 7.7/10 Avis car rentals in San Diego
- 7.6/10 Budget car rentals in San Diego
- 7.9/10 Dollar car rentals in San Diego
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in San Diego
- 7.0/10 Hertz car rentals in San Diego
- 9.3/10 National car rentals in San Diego
- 5.1/10 Payless car rentals in San Diego
- 8.0/10 Thrifty car rentals in San Diego
- 6.9/10 Airport Van car rentals in San Diego
- 8.9/10 Alamo car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Advantage car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in San Diego
- 8.6/10 GREEN MOTION car rentals in San Diego
- 6.5/10 Fox car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Pacific car rentals in San Diego
- 6.6/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in San Diego
- 7.7/10 Sixt car rentals in San Diego
Where can I find Ace car rentals in San Diego?
Top tips for renting a car from Ace in San Diego
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Ace in San Diego for $26 or less
- Mini rental cars from Ace in San Diego are around 53% cheaper than other car types, on average