Pros: always very helpful.
Cons: Pickup Location was not correct for what I requested
Pros: The staff was excellent. Ha accommodated me as much as possible as my reservations were not as planned/ordered/requested.
Cons: When I reserved the rental car I wanted to reserve from airport and the agent had told me my car reservations was at a location 30 miles away so I had to pay the difference to reserve from that location.
Pros: The clerk was awesome. My issue is that my original rate was not honored! I reserved a vehicle for San Diego Airport online at an affordable rate. When we arrived (after a long day of travel) we were told the address for the reservation wasn’t for SAN, but a location nearly an hour away!!
Cons: Our quoted rate should be honored and the website should be MUCH clearer on locations. In fact I would appreciate a refund of the difference in the higher price I ended up paying!
Cons: Car wasn’t cleaned and had no gas. Agent kept us waiting for an hour and a half, never generated correct rental wffeement, we were billed for $233 tank of gas which we did not use.
Pros: Staff at San Diego was helpful - the gentleman offered me an upgrade and when I hesitated he lessened the fee. However, surprisingly, when I received the invoice, he had not lessened the fee. Therefore the billing at head office and the contracted rental agreement did not match. The Van Nuys drop off was a disaster - the guy was not present, he finally returned my v/m after I waited more than 20 minutes, told me to leave the keys with another company and I was charged another full day although the vehicle was returned on time. I only found out about the extra charges because of my credit card statement.
Cons: 1. The San Diego office staff intentionally or accidentally provided 2 different billing amounts which is deceitful or incompetent. 2. Van Nuys guy was not even present at the building. He intentionally or arbitrarily added an extra amount. Extremely bad customer service.
Cons: I was given an inaccurate location for pick up - I was told the place did not exist in the city. The Airport Avis would not help at all. The phone Avis tried to raise the price 500% percent for a car on location, since the actual location of the rental was in another town/country. I tried to cancel through online and could not reach anyone. I will never rent from Avis again- they left me stranded.
Cons: Gas gauge showed 3/4 but the contract indicated full.
Cons: Fill tires air.
Cons: Price is very expensive. I still didnt get the receipt. Very confusing location! Nobody was around in the parking lot.
Pros: quite straight-forward
Cons: I was upsold on primary insurance that was offered at the counter. I initially declined, citing that my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card covers it. Then the rep very assertively said credit cards do not cover primary, they only cover secondary. So I went with his claim, assuming he's more knowledgeable. Turns out my Chase card does include *primary* insurance so I regret getting redundant insurance. I'm not happy about that.
Other suppliers in San Diego scored
- 7.6/10 Budget car rentals in San Diego
- 7.9/10 Dollar car rentals in San Diego
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in San Diego
- 7.0/10 Hertz car rentals in San Diego
- 9.3/10 National car rentals in San Diego
- 5.1/10 Payless car rentals in San Diego
- 8.0/10 Thrifty car rentals in San Diego
- 6.9/10 Airport Van car rentals in San Diego
- 8.9/10 Alamo car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Advantage car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in San Diego
- 8.6/10 GREEN MOTION car rentals in San Diego
- 6.5/10 Fox car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Pacific car rentals in San Diego
- 6.6/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Ace car rentals in San Diego
- 7.7/10 Sixt car rentals in San Diego
Where can I find Avis car rentals in San Diego?
Top tips for renting a car from Avis in San Diego
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Avis in San Diego for $37 or less
- Book your rental car from San Diego in Avis at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Mini rental cars from Avis in San Diego are around 53% cheaper than other car types, on average