Pros: The staff were knowledgeable and respectful in both California and Maine. The car was clean and functional.
Cons: The use of the technology was terrible to start. The car would not connect bluetooth nor USB. After searching the internet, I figured it out. Instructions would have been great. No charges for early (same day as planned) drop off would have been great. Overall, great experience driving across country using Hertz' vehicle!
Pros: Car worked fine, after the hours of them trying to get one in that met the reservation.
Cons: Customer service, wait times, overfilling - sucked. I am still dealing with it a week later. Very unhappy.
Pros: The staff was friendly
Cons: The vehicle was not inspected for safety. The steering wheel was tilted to the left while driving straight. The wheels were not balanced and the vehicle had a violent shake at speeds over 60mph. This was not worth the money for a premium vehicle and I felt unsafe with my family in it.
Pros: Super friendly staff when picking up car and when dropping it off.
Cons: Be wiped a little better inside
Pros: No drop off was terrible. They are trying to charge us additional fees that are not in the contract.
Cons: Communicated better and not try to nickel and dime us to death
Cons: When I entered San Diego Airport into my search option, all of my options were for a Hertz center near Tijuana! So, when I get to the car rental station at the airport they wouldn’t honor my price because it wasn’t for the correct location. What?! Then I tried to cal Kayak and none of the numbers worked. So frustrating! I ended up having to pay an extra $160 because Kayak mislead me on my reservation!!!
Pros: Easy pick up and drop off.
Pros: Will not use them again
Cons: We booked but the front desk said they wouldn’t honor the reservation rate. They asked for almost double the rate. They said to call customer service which I did and they hung up on me.
Cons: No car available to rent- ruined my kids graduation day....
Pros: Fast drop off
Cons: Faster pick up
Cons: First car had a smell to it.
Cons: The car was dirty. Had prints, hair and dust on it and I had to wipe it down myself. Also, the seat was uncomfortable and there were only 2 compact car options available. Additionally, I felt like the transmission was going to give out and it shifted oddly so I didn’t feel safe driving it. Lastly, when I checked out, I wasn't given a pen so wasn't able to mark the scratches I saw on the outside of the car. I guess the guy checking me out did since I wasn’t charged, but his communication was poor and he was grumpy so I forgot to mention the scratches. Overall, I don’t think I’d rent from Hertz again.
Other suppliers in San Diego scored
- 7.7/10 Avis car rentals in San Diego
- 7.6/10 Budget car rentals in San Diego
- 7.9/10 Dollar car rentals in San Diego
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in San Diego
- 9.3/10 National car rentals in San Diego
- 5.1/10 Payless car rentals in San Diego
- 8.0/10 Thrifty car rentals in San Diego
- 6.9/10 Airport Van car rentals in San Diego
- 8.9/10 Alamo car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Advantage car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in San Diego
- 8.6/10 GREEN MOTION car rentals in San Diego
- 6.5/10 Fox car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Pacific car rentals in San Diego
- 6.6/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Ace car rentals in San Diego
- 7.7/10 Sixt car rentals in San Diego
Where can I find Hertz car rentals in San Diego?
Top tips for renting a car from Hertz in San Diego
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Hertz in San Diego for $28 or less
- Book your rental car from San Diego in Hertz at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Mini rental cars from Hertz in San Diego are around 53% cheaper than other car types, on average