Pros: That location was massively understaffed. I went in for my rental at 2, but didn’t leave until 3. The poor staff was extremely professional, but clearly very stressed out. The first car they gave me kept telling me there was no “key” in the car, and I could not track a single employee down to help me. Eventually, they swapped the car out, but I ended up missing my appointment due to the hour delay.
Pros: The rate. The first office counter experience. The car.
Cons: The car had an almost empty fuel tank. We reported this at the check-out counter and the representative seemed to enter this information into their system. I verbally confirmed that we need to bring the car with an almost empty fuel tank. Upon return, the tank had around 2 more gallons than at checkout. The receiving representatives were unfriendly and moreover they charged a $50+ fuel service fee without notifying me. Thankfully, I checked the receipt. I was told to go to the booth in the garage. The representative in the booth started with suggesting that I'm mistaken and the tank was most probably full. Thankfully again, I had taken the picture of the dashboard at the pick-up and showed it to them. I was planning to let go of the extra gasoline we had in the tank, but the bad attitude and unfriendly manner of the representatives so far made me upset and I demanded a reimbursement. Thankfully they were reasonable enough for refund and reimbursement. In short, a better check-out-in system and friendly and customer-oriented representatives can help a lot here.
Pros: The car was not ready when I got there. They gave me a un upgrade to a Camaro. When I dropped off the car (early) I was charged an extra 50 dollars.
Pros: Everything was fine
Pros: Staff was very helpful and friendly. They even found that I had previously made a reservation that was half the price and they honored that and save d me $200
Pros: Because I used Kayak, I got sent to Holidaycars.com and they at first assured me my rental was booked only to later tell me it was not and that their "worldwide availabilities" were running low. So I had to rebook - from Budget directly - at a cost $150 more than the original, promised offer. HORRIBLE EXPErIENCE.
Cons: Because I used Kayak, I got sent to Holidaycars.com and they at first assured me my rental was booked only to later tell me it was not and that their "worldwide availabilities" were running low. So I had to rebook - from Budget directly - at a cost $150 more than the original, promised offer. HORRIBLE EXPErIENCE.
Pros: Staff was very friendly and helpful, no issues at all
Cons: Didn't fully understand the built-in fastrak. It would have been helpful if they had just said, 'if you brought your own fastrak, just close the box on the dash/windshield of the built-in fastrak, and then yours will work instead' or something like that.
Pros: Absolutely NOTHING.
Cons: I’m so angry, I will never ever rent from budget again. The whole thing cost me more than twice the quoted price because they slapped me with all these bullshit insurance charges that the website made it seem like we’re included. I’m only using less shady companies from now on.
Pros: Staff was friendly
Cons: Costs were higher than the site led me to believe
Pros: Drop off entrance hard to find. Staff friendly.
Cons: Vehicle had not been cleaned before rental. Filthy.
Pros: Lots of agents at the pick up counter downstairs.
Cons: Wanted to get my economy/intermediate sedan however no cars were available. I was upgraded to a larger car which had a much lower fuel economy.
Pros: It was okay
Cons: Military discount applied
Other suppliers in San Diego scored
- 7.7/10 Avis car rentals in San Diego
- 7.9/10 Dollar car rentals in San Diego
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in San Diego
- 7.0/10 Hertz car rentals in San Diego
- 9.3/10 National car rentals in San Diego
- 5.1/10 Payless car rentals in San Diego
- 8.0/10 Thrifty car rentals in San Diego
- 6.9/10 Airport Van car rentals in San Diego
- 8.9/10 Alamo car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Advantage car rentals in San Diego
- 6.8/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in San Diego
- 8.6/10 GREEN MOTION car rentals in San Diego
- 6.5/10 Fox car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Pacific car rentals in San Diego
- 6.6/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in San Diego
- 6.2/10 Ace car rentals in San Diego
- 7.7/10 Sixt car rentals in San Diego
Where can I find Budget car rentals in San Diego?
Top tips for renting a car from Budget in San Diego
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Budget in San Diego for $39 or less
- Book your rental car from San Diego in Budget at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Mini rental cars from Budget in San Diego are around 53% cheaper than other car types, on average