Find cheap flights to New Delhi
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 8% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$1057||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New Delhi
- Looking for cheap airfare to New Delhi? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to New Delhi for the following prices or less: From Los Angeles $639, from San Francisco $765, from New York $842
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to New Delhi is September.
- If you are searching for flights to New Delhi, there is one major international airport that serves the city. Indira Gandhi International Airport (also known as the Palam airport) handles most flights into New Delhi. Safdarjung Airport no longer handles incoming flights.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport is the largest airport in India and is also the main airport serving New Delhi. The airport is located in Palam and was renamed the Indira Gandhi International Airport after the former Prime Minister. There are two passenger terminals, one cargo terminal and one dedicated Hajj terminal at the airport.
- Safdarjung Airport is located in the South Delhi area and is used primarily for helicopter rides to Indira Gandhi International Airport. The airport itself is located on 190 acres and is the location of the Airports Authority of India.
- The easiest way to get in and out of the Indira Gandhi International Airport is by taking the Delhi Metro Line. The Delhi Line is a train that is partially underground and partially elevated. It connects with the New Delhi Railway Station and various places in New Delhi itself.
- Other options for travel to and from the Indira Gandhi International Airport include bus and taxi. Bus travel in India can be very crowded so while it is the cheapest way to travel, it may be easier to use the Delhi Metro Line or a taxi. There are several cabs and metro cabs that serve Indira Gandhi International Airport as well as private car rentals.
FAQs - booking New Delhi flights
Which airlines fly to New Delhi?
How much does it cost to fly to New Delhi?
What are the cheapest months to fly to New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl?
Which is the cheapest day to fly to New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl?
How long is the flight to New Delhi?
What is the name of New Delhi’s airport?
How far is New Delhi Airport from central New Delhi?
Do hotels in New Delhi offer shuttle service from Indira Gandhi International Airport?
Are there malls or good shopping places close to the New Delhi airports?
Do New Delhi airports have play areas for children?
What can I see near Indira Gandhi International Airport while waiting a connecting flight?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap New Delhi Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap New Delhi Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to New Delhi
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.