Cons: car alignment was off.
Pros: Drop off was very easy! Loved the car!
Cons: The gentleman who helped us check in told us we would need to purchase the toll package to go from Clearwater to Orlando. That was not the case. We did not go through a single toll. Pick up seemed a tad disorganized.
Cons: They did not disclose any information about charging extra if you do not meet their requirements of insurance. I have a car insurance (liability coverage) and a credit card that covers the primary collision damage up to $75,000 which the agent spoke with my credit card company over the phone and was verified. And the agent from ACE informed me that is still not enough coverage; therefore, they have to add an extra $200+ for that! Since we did not appreciate the customer service and the absurd extra fees, we ended up going to National Car Rental instead and was very pleased with everything!
Pros: Good value. helpful people at check-in counter
Cons: Pretty crowded the car pick up, had to wait fairly big line
Cons: Unlike their bigger competitors, Ace does not have a Sunpass for tolls built into their rate so they pressure you into a $10/day prepaid toll option. You wind up paying about the same as you would for Hertz or Avis. Also, when I declined their insurance, they demanded to speak with my insurance agent to verify I had coverage. First time I ever had to do that when renting a car.
Pros: Yes, Very Easy
Cons: Excellent Job
Pros: staff was easy and helpful
Pros: Nothing about Ace Car rental was good. The entire experience was awful. From pick up to drop off was one of the worst experiences ever.
Cons: The vehicle had two damaged tires on the back. Both were needing to be replaced. The windshield wipers needed replaced. The interior was not cleaned at all. I could see sand in nearly every area in the vehicle. When you call the customer service line, it rings with no answer.
Cons: Make pick up a little easier. Sat at the counter for a half hour arguing with the guy about all these antra fees you wanted to charge me!
Cons: The customer service at this location is terrible. I would strongly discourage anyone from renting from this company. I had an issue with my car and when I called was on hold for 40 minutes and then given no options by a rude employee. I would never rent from them again.
Pros: The staff was okay.
Cons: The car was very dirty.
Old Fashion Car
Pros: Old Fashion Car that doesn't have any screen monitor on the dash car and the break to stop so noise all the time very scary
Cons: Old Fashion Car that doesn't have any screen monitor on the dash car and the break to stop so noise all the time very scary
Other suppliers in Tampa scored
- 8.8/10 Alamo car rentals in Tampa
- 7.8/10 Avis car rentals in Tampa
- 7.7/10 Budget car rentals in Tampa
- 7.1/10 Dollar car rentals in Tampa
- 6.5/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in Tampa
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in Tampa
- 6.9/10 Hertz car rentals in Tampa
- 5.8/10 Payless car rentals in Tampa
- 7.5/10 Thrifty car rentals in Tampa
- 8.9/10 National car rentals in Tampa
- 5.8/10 Fox car rentals in Tampa
- 7.4/10 Sixt car rentals in Tampa
- 4.8/10 Executive Car Rental car rentals in Tampa
- 6.2/10 Advantage car rentals in Tampa
Where can I find Ace car rentals in Tampa?
Top tips for renting a car from Ace in Tampa
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Ace in Tampa for $30 or less
- Book your rental car from Tampa in Ace at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Intermediate rental cars from Ace in Tampa are around 35% cheaper than other car types, on average