Cons: Poor customer service when extended our rental! Hard to reach a person.
Pros: The car.
Cons: Pick up was a hassle. The location is actually abandoned. Had to go to two other Hertz locations to complete my pick up and drop off. Whew it was not worth it. Should have just paid a little extra for another company.
Pros: Nothing. The truck I booked wasn't in stock. I drove 30 min there. Had to wait 20min to be helped just to find out they didn't have a truck. They offered a cargo van for a weekend trip to get furniture that had 2 seats and i have a kid. That's not comparable for me
Cons: Have the item I reserved in stock. Or call me before I drive 30 min out of my way to get it to tell me you don't have it
Cons: Had to cancel trip due to Florida pretty much shutting down and i still gotvcharged the $100 cancelation fee SMH
Cons: I had to take an Uber from airport . .that's why it was a cheaper rental.
Cons: Was charged over $50 for not filling up tank. We dropped the car off with 3/4 of a full tank. We did agree to $40 for not bringing car back full but was charged way more. Will never fall for that scam again.
Pros: Drop off was easy
Cons: Friendlier, not very helpful , rude
Pros: The staff was extremely rude. Booked the vehicle with my credit card and my girlfriend as the driver as she is 25. It was brought to my attention when I arrived that it’s Hertz policy that the card holder be the driver on the rental contract. I had to pay an extra $175 for an underage driving fee during my trip. I’m not sure why I wasn’t contacted about this discrepancy but I was very furious. This set back my budget for the entire trip, leaving me with less money to buy groceries and essential due to COVID-19 once departing home. I will never be using Kayak to book a car rental nor utilizing Hertz as a rental facility again. My trip was less than enjoyable because of the horrific loss at the start of my vacation.
Cons: Not utilizing kayak to book my car rental.
Cons: Horrible customer service and over charged me
Pros: Friendly staff, prompt service
Pros: Could not have been easier. Check-in agents were great.
Cons: It was insufficiently clear that my rental was at an off-site location (Ramada Inn) and not at the Tampa International Airport. Also, we were charged $11+ per day for a second driver (my spouse) when for all previous Hertz rentals over 20+ years it was a given that a spouse could drive the vehicle at no additional charge. The agent processing our reservation at the Ramada Inn Hertz location insisted on applying the second driver surcharge even when we explained that we were Hertz #1 Club members. The printed agreement we received when given the car did not include the extra-driver charge but he insisted on adding it when we returned the car. We are very unhappy with this rental experience. If this is Hertz's new policy concerning spouses as second drivers, we will not be renting cars from Hertz in the future.
Other suppliers in Tampa scored
- 6.3/10 Ace car rentals in Tampa
- 8.8/10 Alamo car rentals in Tampa
- 7.8/10 Avis car rentals in Tampa
- 7.7/10 Budget car rentals in Tampa
- 7.1/10 Dollar car rentals in Tampa
- 6.5/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in Tampa
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in Tampa
- 5.8/10 Payless car rentals in Tampa
- 7.5/10 Thrifty car rentals in Tampa
- 8.9/10 National car rentals in Tampa
- 5.8/10 Fox car rentals in Tampa
- 7.4/10 Sixt car rentals in Tampa
- 4.8/10 Executive Car Rental car rentals in Tampa
- 6.2/10 Advantage car rentals in Tampa
Where can I find Hertz car rentals in Tampa?
Top tips for renting a car from Hertz in Tampa
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Hertz in Tampa for $25 or less
- Book your rental car from Tampa in Hertz at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Compact rental cars from Hertz in Tampa are around 35% cheaper than other car types, on average