Pros: The staff was nice, the car was good. The turn in was great.
Cons: The pick-up was very slow, the car I reserved was not available, it took an excessive amount of time to place me into a vehicle that would work, but the internal space available and the gas mileage were considerably worse than what I requested. The car was clean, but not fully cleared.
Pros: The price was great for the 1st few days.
Cons: Would have been nice to know up front that it costs an extra $10 to extend your rental agreement...would have been nice to know upfront it costs an extra $10 to change drop off location. It would have been critical to know my rental price would jump from $17 per day to $50 per day because I had to extend my rental agreement due to my car not being repaired yet. I am extremely dissatisfied.
Cons: The agreement was not honored, I had to find another company.
Cons: I reported a broken tail light the day it happened by calling the avis emergency number.There was no record of my report when I dropped the car off and I was running late and it was stressful to fill the report out again.
Pros: the cancel my reservation when I was on the way to pick it up
Cons: They should not let you reserve when the company has no cars available
Cons: The pick up time was nearly an hour. I had to wait for the attendant to return to the store and unlock the door. The process took forever. Then she had to go somewhere and het the car and wash it and bring it around which took another 30 minutes.
Cons: I was overcharged for my rental
Pros: Friendly staff. New, clean car.
Cons: The agent pushed hard to up sell the vehicle I had rented. Also, although I rented at 11pm, the place I returned the car closed at 6pm and I was charged an extra day for rental as I couldn’t get there in time. The hours of operation for that location were not made clear when I booked.
Pros: The suburban
Cons: They could have had my car I reserved instead they didn’t had to find one at another Avis then argue to get the same price I originally reserved at. Terrible company no customer service
Cons: The Avis location at Citrus Park Mall was a nightmare. The car was dirty, stains over the seats and multiple empty bottles and cans were left in the car, the smell was also disgusting. The lady in the counter was beyond rude, treated me like garbage. I’d never rent from them again, sad Company.
Pros: Owner at Avis in Port St Lucie was extremely helpful and friendly
Cons: $153 for one day and drop off was steep but holiday was a factor
Car was were it should be.
Pros: No lines, no hassle.
Other suppliers in Tampa scored
- 6.3/10 Ace car rentals in Tampa
- 8.8/10 Alamo car rentals in Tampa
- 7.7/10 Budget car rentals in Tampa
- 7.1/10 Dollar car rentals in Tampa
- 6.5/10 E-Z Rent-A-Car car rentals in Tampa
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in Tampa
- 6.9/10 Hertz car rentals in Tampa
- 5.8/10 Payless car rentals in Tampa
- 7.5/10 Thrifty car rentals in Tampa
- 8.9/10 National car rentals in Tampa
- 5.8/10 Fox car rentals in Tampa
- 7.4/10 Sixt car rentals in Tampa
- 4.8/10 Executive Car Rental car rentals in Tampa
- 6.2/10 Advantage car rentals in Tampa
Where can I find Avis car rentals in Tampa?
Top tips for renting a car from Avis in Tampa
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Avis in Tampa for $35 or less
- Book your rental car from Tampa in Avis at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Compact rental cars from Avis in Tampa are around 35% cheaper than other car types, on average