Cons: They had no cars - Did not receive notice until I got to the place for my pick up
Pros: Pick up and drop off easy, staff was friendly.
Cons: Pretty visible that the car hadn't been cleaned since the last renter. Also was charged 15 additional dollars when I picked up for "additional fees".
Pros: a full refund
Cons: I canceled this rental twice and have still not received a refund. originally I never got a confirmation email not for the rental, and afterwords i did not receive one for the cancellation even tho the rep from hertz told me that i would. this is after my first rep from hertz hung up on me TERRIBLE SERVICE
Pros: Nothing. The shop wasn't even open. I walked two miles to pick up this car, and then just had to walk back, and then find another rental (which was a 20 minute taxi away).
Cons: Please don't send a confirmation on a rental when it is not possible to get the car.
Pros: Pick up was very friendly.
Cons: Drop off was late due to weather. Missed flight so requested extra day. Extra charges not explained. Very high charge on bill for extra day.
Pros: The staff was super
Cons: When I went to drop off my car at the designated lot (3130 N Sheffield Ave), the lot was full and the Hertz office was closed. I had to keep the car an extra day and return it the next morning. Now I have to waste my time disputing the extra fees. Do NOT use the 3130 N Sheffield Ave location.
Pros: The car was good for the 4 days I had it.
Cons: Very disappointed in the pick up. My car was not ready nor did they have one available when I got there. I waited for over 20 minutes when I have appointments to get to once I land.
Pros: The car itself was fine.
Cons: When we returned to the location where we picked up the car to drop it off, in Wrigleyville in Chicago, a woman claiming to be the owner of the garage was blocking the gate, saying she had sold all the parking spots for the Cubs game and we’d have to come back later. Obviously terrible service.
Pros: Nothing. Wrong location and upon arriving into ORD was told i needed to go downtown chicago to pick up the car. Hertz would not change reservation
Cons: Never renting with Hertz again
Pros: love the car!
Cons: the pickup should be easy and fast instead of taking more than 30 minutes?
Pros: Love the staff and the proximity to home.
Cons: The price possibly.
Other suppliers in Chicago scored
- 7.2/10 Avis car rentals in Chicago
- 8.5/10 National car rentals in Chicago
- 7.1/10 Payless car rentals in Chicago
- 7.3/10 Budget car rentals in Chicago
- 5.3/10 Airport Van car rentals in Chicago
- 7.1/10 Thrifty car rentals in Chicago
- 8.8/10 Alamo car rentals in Chicago
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car rentals in Chicago
- 6.7/10 Sixt car rentals in Chicago
- 7.3/10 Dollar car rentals in Chicago
- 5.9/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in Chicago
Where can I find Hertz car rentals in Chicago?
Address181 W Washington St
|Monday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 12:00|
Phone+1 312 726 1476
Top tips for renting a car from Hertz in Chicago
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Hertz in Chicago for $31 or less
- Book your rental car from Chicago in Hertz at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Economy rental cars from Hertz in Chicago are around 31% cheaper than other car types, on average