Irving Car Rental Information
|Car Types||Commercial, Compact, Convertible, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Mini, Minivan, Premium, SUV, Standard, Van|
|Popular Agencies||Alamo, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Dollar|
Cheap Car Rentals in Irving
Irving car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Irving
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||Enterprise|
|Most Popular Car Type||Economy|
When to Book a Rental Car in Irving
Top Tips For Renting a Car in Irving
- As a suburb of Dallas, Irving is certainly a car-centric city. Public transport is often limited, simply because car ownership and availability is such an expectation in the city. Additionally, cars offer the simplest and most efficient means of getting some of the most popular local spots, such as AT&T Stadium, where the Dallas Cowboys play.
- Travelers looking to pick up a rental car upon arriving at DFW Airport will find the Rental Car Center is just by the south entrance of the airport and is accessible via a 24/7 shuttle bus that is located on the lower level of the terminal. As for Dallas Love Field Airport, the rental car desks are within the terminal’s Arrivals Hall, and there is a shuttle bus that will take you to the rental car lots.
- Drivers should keep in mind that red light traffic cameras are common in Irving. So be doubly cautious when driving through stale yellow lights, as even accidentally running a red light will be recorded and you will be fined. So, even if nobody sees you do it, the cameras are recording and you will be mailed your ticket.
- Rush hour in Irving is fortunately not overly severe, but is still present throughout the workweek, particularly for drivers commuting into Dallas. Drivers can expect to experience rush hour traffic from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. in the mornings and from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the evenings. The South Belt Line Road is one of the more congested roads in Irving and should be skirted around during the busiest times.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Irving for $32 or less
- Book your rental car in Irving at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Irving are around 13% cheaper than airport locations on average
- Luxury rental cars in Irving are around 43% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Irving
How much does it cost to rent a car in Irving?
On average a rental car in Irving costs $40 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Irving?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Irving.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Irving?
What is the best rental car company in Irving?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Dallas/Ft Worth & other airports (DFW)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Dallas/Ft Worth & other airports (DFW)?
Car rental companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Dallas/Ft Worth & other airports to off-airport locations include Thrifty, Sixt, Dollar, Hertz, Enterprise, Budget, Payless, Alamo, Advantage, and Ace.
What is the cheapest rental car location in Irving?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest rental car price was found at Dollar 201 North Collins Street 76011 (10 miles from city center).
How can I find car rentals near me in Irving?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Irving?
A Economy car rental in Irving costs $49 per day, on average.
How much does a Intermediate car rental cost in Irving?
A Intermediate car rental in Irving costs $41 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Irving?
A Compact car rental in Irving costs $35 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Irving?
In Irving, cars are most frequently rented at Airport Van Dallas Fort Worth Airport 3312 Valley View Lane (5.38 miles from city center).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Irving?
On average a rental car in Irving costs $279 per week ($40 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Irving?
On average a rental car in Irving costs $1196 per month ($40 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Irving?
Like the majority of cities in the U.S., Irving has wide roads and large parking spaces. And, luckily for drivers, this means they will have no issues renting even the largest of vehicles. Of course, if you plan on road tripping across Texas or maybe even going as far afield as another state, you may wish to consider a vehicle with a lower carbon footprint and better gas mileage, like a sedan or compact.
What's the speed limit in Irving?
Irving’s residential areas feature speed limits of 25 mph to 35 mph, while streets in urban areas range from 25 mph to 50 mph. On interstates and highways, the speed limit starts out at 70 mph but occasionally will go as high as 75 or 80 mph on the largest interstates.
How are gas prices in Irving?
Gas costs, on average, $1.85 per gallon in Irving, which is right around the average for Texas as a whole, with similar prices seen in San Antonio and Houston.
Where are the best places to park in Irving?
In general, on-street parking is not too difficult to find throughout Irving, especially in the less crowded residential parts of town. However, as you get closer to Dallas proper, streetside parking can become scarce during peak hours. Parking garages are a great option for drivers heading towards Dallas or the airport, as they are amply available anytime. Daily rates at garages typically start out at $2.00 an hour with full day rates going for around $10.00.