Find cheap flights to New Orleans
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 2% drop in price.|
|March||Most popular time to fly with an average 7% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$224||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New Orleans
- Looking for cheap airfare to New Orleans? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to New Orleans for the following prices or less: From Chicago $97, from New York $131, from Los Angeles $153
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March and April. The cheapest month to fly to New Orleans is September.
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is the primary airport for New Orleans and for southeast Louisiana. It is a mere 11 miles west of downtown New Orleans, providing rapid and convenient connections from airport to city.
- Need to charge your phone on the go? New Orleans international has teamed up with Mobile Qubes to help you do exactly that. Qubes are portable chargers that allow you to charge a variety of electronic devices quickly and easily. Mobile Qubes kiosks are located by Baggage Claim and throughout all of the airport concourses.
- A variety of transportation services such as limousine, taxi, bus, and shuttle are available to take visitors from the airport to downtown, as well as to other locations throughout the city. Shuttle buses are one of the cheaper methods; however, they will stop a number of times and can easily take up to an hour. Taxis, on the other hand, are quite affordable in New Orleans and offer a direct route to wherever you are going after your flight to New Orleans.
- Nothing says New Orleans like Live Music and, thanks to Delaware North Companies (DNC), live music can be heard at four different venues in Armstrong International Airport. There are venues both pre- and post-security, so even the general public can come and enjoy the shows. Performances are held throughout the week, so, whether your flight is on a Tuesday or a Thursday, you can expect to be greeted by a bit of jazz that would make Louis Armstrong himself proud.
- Travelers should also note that, even though the streetcars don’t connect to the airport, they remain a great and historic way to go from downtown to other areas of New Orleans. Additionally, the street cars are an affordable and efficient means of transport, so what better way could there be to explore New Orleans?
FAQs - booking New Orleans flights
How long is the flight to New Orleans?
What is the cheapest flight to New Orleans?
Which airlines fly to New Orleans?
How far is New Orleans Airport from central New Orleans?
What is the name of New Orleans’s airport?
What facilities are available for pets at New Orleans International Airport?
What is there to do while in New Orleans International Airport?
What hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport?
What are the restaurant options at Armstrong International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airlines flying to New Orleans Louis Armstrong
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap New Orleans Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap New Orleans Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to New Orleans
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.