For restrictions that apply to vaccinated visitors, please check the official guidelines from Kazakhstan for the types of accepted and permitted COVID-19 vaccinations, requirements on proof of vaccination certificates, vaccination validity period, and persons and/or groups that may be exempt from vaccination restrictions.
These travel restrictions do not apply to
- Nationals of Kazakhstan
- Residents of Kazakhstan (may enter once every 15 days)
- Spouse, parents, children of nationals/residents of Kazakhstan (may enter once every 15 days)
- Nationals of specified countries, including Belgium, France, New Zealand, and Portugal
- Diplomatic passport holders and their families
- People with Kazakhstan visas and approved by Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
- Passengers traveling as students with an invitation letter from an educational institution of Kazakhstan
- Passengers traveling on business and approved by the Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
-Travelers arriving from selected -countries, who are citizens of this country, are allowed to enter Kazakhstan.
Unvaccinated visitors from the United States must present a negative RT-PCR (NAAT) test taken within 3 days before departing to Kazakhstan.
Fully vaccinated visitors with approved vaccination certificates do not need to present a negative COVID-19 test.
Visitors from the United States are not required to quarantine after entering Kazakhstan.
Travelers returning from Kazakhstan must present a negative RT-PCR (NAAT) or Antigen (quick-test) test taken within 1 day for RT-PCR (NAAT) and 1 day for Antigen (quick-test) before departure to the United States.
Visitors returning from Kazakhstan are not required to quarantine upon entering the United States.
For press inquiries and corrections to the travel restrictions information, please email us.
If you're looking for personalized travel advice for your own travel plans like whether or not a restriction applies to your trip, we won't be able to answer any questions or offer advice. Please consult your local government's resources.